Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The 10 Week Countdown! (& A Funny)


This is dolly all decked out in her wedding attire. The other day Ellie took a sheet off our bed, wrapped it over her head and declared, "I'm getting married!!" Then she got her dolly and declared that dolly was getting married. Too funny.

Yes the 10 week countdown is on! Yikes. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. This pregnancy has been amazing...I feel SO good (most days) - Praise the LORD! I have so many things I'd like to get done before the baby arrives, but I'm honestly not sure how much will actually get accomplished between the potty training and sleep deprivation. Oh well...I can makes lists anyway, right? A major to-do list post will be coming soon.

By the way...the Ellie sleeping thing...it's still not going so well. Still trying to figure it all out, but regardless, I'm managing the fatigue most days. Most days. As of this moment, she is fast asleep on my lap, so it's the perfect time to type out a blog post. We had been "practicing" for church (something I'm trying to help her learn to sit still better) and listening to a sermon by Paul Washer. She was doing well and reminding herself to "face the front." Then suddenly...she was out!

Part of the problem with the sleep thing is the vicious exhaustion cycle. I can stick it out 3 hours to put her to bed if I have to...but when it comes to the middle-of-the-night, it's another story. Last night I was determined. So I thought. If she got up and came to our room, she would go straight back to bed. No conversation. No discussion. Nothing. Just keep it up until she gives in. That was the plan and I was sticking to my guns this time. Ha. Well that worked fine and dandy until it wasn't working anymore. An hour or two later, I was too tired to continue and caved by crawling into her twin bed. Usually after that, she'll fall asleep. Last night...not so much. She proceeded to toss and turn for the next few hours, keeping me awake in the meantime. Thus today I'm very tired wondering if I'll have the gumption to stick it out tonight should Round 2 (wait...we're on more like Round 9047) commence... and so the vicious cycle continues. Boo.

Oh...and the potty training thing...well we are on Day 2 of no diapers/pull ups except for naps and night time. We've had mostly accidents so far, but I'm determined to stick it out this time for at least this whole week. She is becoming a bit more aware of the process I think, so we'll see what happens.

Oh...and we've come down with another cold or something like it. Yay for us. I'm sure the sleep deprivation isn't doing our immune system any favours.

Oh...and we had the first snowfall of the year today. Ellie got really excited. Hubby took her outside to touch the snow. It was terribly cute.

10 more weeks (or so)! I can hardly believe it!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Thank you for sharing about this. I can't imagine how hard this sleeping situation would be, especially with another little one coming. I will be praying for you and your family!

darci said...

ugh..that sounds really hard. I will be thinking of you. Here are my two cents, and feel free to toss it out the window .:)
I think I would trash the potty training thing for now and focus on the sleep thing. Maybe it would be easier for both you and Ellie to just have one thing to be working on. It is easier (to me) to change a toddler and a baby than to try to do it all on little or no sleep. :)
As far as sleep... I haven't read your blog that long so don't know what you have tried/not tried. We did the let-them-settle-themselves-thing and it worked well..HARD! Really hard, especially with our first baby..but it was SO SWEET to sleep thru the night. There are tons of great books out there on how to do it, and as long as you throw out what you can't abide by and take it all with a grain of salt..we found them super helpful. Some moms seem to thrive on little sleep, but you sound more like me and I need my sleep. :) I'll be thinking of you and praying for you...
potty training..that will come, and it was super easy for us when we just waited til our girls were ready. I guess it depends how much it matters to you to have her trained before the baby. Anyway, like I said, I'm just rambling...toss it out if you want. :) I sure don't have all the answers..you just sounded like you might be looking for some help! But if not, toss it. :) Have a great day! and hang in there! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...