Monday, September 17, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Last week we didn't follow our menu plan. I ended up coming down with a case of mastitis, which kind of threw a monkey wrench into the plans. If anyone has had this, you know it's brutal. It's like the worst flu. Ever. Anyway, I am feeling a lot better, but I know I need to slooowww down and try to get a bit more rest. Mastitis tends to strike when I am run down, tired, and stressed. I had it with Elianna, but that time I waited until I had a fever of 105 F to get to the hospital. This time, I caught it early and went to the doctor straight away. We are kind of in crazy mode here. In a few short weeks we have made over the entry bathroom, painted the basement, and put up a new fence. Now hubby starts a 10 day stretch of work and we have 4 appointments in 2 days. After that it's time for my brother's wedding. I'm hoping I can breathe after Thanksgiving...:-)

This Sunday we spent a nice afternoon fellowshipping with some like-minded friends at our new church. It's so sweet when like-minded believers can get together and encourage each other.

Here's the plan for this week:

Sunday: Lunch at our friends' place. Seriously good food. And the coffee...the best I have ever had. No joke. Mine was Ethiopian something-or-other. Craig's was Guatemalan (I think?). These friends are coffee experts. As in, they roast their own "green" coffee beans in their own homemade roaster and what-not. After drinking this kind of coffee...the real deal...I might just need to learn their coffee ways.

Oh....and for those who wondering, we like soup around here. A lot :-). My husband has made it very clear that he could eat soup nearly once a day. That's how much he loves it! 

Monday: Sausage Potato Soup

Tuesday: Leftovers

WednesdayGinger Beef marinated in beef marinade, Fried Rice, Egg Rolls Stir Fry Veggies

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday: Homemade Pizza & Caesar Salad

Saturday: Leftovers or Kommst Borscht & Baking Powder Cheese Biscuits



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...