Monday, October 29, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


Things are busy around here. Still trying to figure out a routine to get some structure to our days. I found some short free ebooks about Charlotte Mason homeschooling that I am looking forward to reading soon. This style of homeschooling interests me and it's the style presented in the preschool curriculum we are doing (Heart of Dakota - Little Hands to Heaven).

Thought for the past few days...It's God's kindness that leads us to repentance.

....oh how I am struggling these days with the whole disclipling/training a 3 year old. Just being honest :-). How to be firm, but kind...encouraging/requiring obedience, decreasing "attitude", trying to get her to quit harassing Nathanael....I'm at a bit of a loss, and I've read all the books, by the way :-). So much work to do, so much prayer needed....admittedly, much on my own heart & attitude. Parenting is a truly humbling ordeal. It is good for me. We took some time to dance around the house this evening. Elianna loved it...even my crazy chicken moves (it was Baby McDonald we were all watching). It was fun and we laughed a lot :-). Today, she looked out the window at the icicles on the garage and exclaimed, "MOM! Look at those cool HANG NAILS!" She had us in stitches over that one.

Sunday: Lunch: Invited to friends' house after church
            Supper: at Mom & Dad's

Monday: Lunch: Leftover pizza
             Supper: Veggies, tortilla chips & guacamole

Tuesday: Crockpot steak fajitas with all the fixings

Wednesday: Leftovers or toasted ham & cheese sandwiches

Thursday: Homemade chicken noodle soup & biscuits

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Homemade Pizza

:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile and always find it encouraging. I have a three year old and a baby (9 months) just like you! I've also been humbled lately about parenting and find myself clueless about how to handle everything you mentioned. I'm so glad I read this post tonight. Know that you're not alone in your struggles, and I'm glad to know I'm not either!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...