Monday, September 16, 2013

Menu Plan Monday

I had a really great day today :-). It was our first official day of homeschooling, and despite not feeling "ready" to start, I jumped in anyway, and it turned out to be a very fun, productive day for our whole family. The last week was a bit of a rough one for me as I have been having trouble with my right shoulder. On Wednesday I couldn't even move my arm to brush my hair or do the very basic tasks, so I finally went to the doctor and found out I have tendinitis in my shoulder. I'm supposed to go to physiotherapy to improve it, but it has improved a bit since seeing the doctor, so I'm praying it will get better on it's own without physio. Pregnancy always seems to bring horrible headaches in my second trimester, and the last few days I have been fighting headaches verging on migraines. Today, though, I felt awesome and had no headache, which was a huge blessing, and helped me get many things accomplished today. I'm hoping the enthusiasm Elianna (and I!) had today will carry through the rest of the year. She is only K4 age, so "school" is really not overly serious or stressful. It feels a lot more like playing all day, which is what I think K4 should be like. We are really trying to get more into a routine/rhythm to help our days go more smoothly, though. I hope to post more on our homeschooling plans in the next week or two.

Here's our menu plan for this week:

Monday:      Lunch: Skillet Light Lasagna
                  Supper: Gaucho Casserole, Veggies & Dip

Tuesday:     Lunch: Leftovers
                 Supper: BLT's and Fries

Wednesday: Lunch: Tuna Sandwiches & Fruit
                  Supper: Crockpot Pomegranate Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Veggies

Thursday: Lunch: Mac N' Cheese & Tomatoes
               Supper: Leftovers

Friday:     Lunch:  Soup
                Supper: Pizza & Salad

Saturday: Lunch: Leftovers
               Supper: BBQ Steak, Baked Potatoes, Salad

Sunday:  Lunch: Frozen Dinners or Out to Eat
              Supper: Potato Soup & Biscuits

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...