Monday, September 29, 2014

The Gist of It

The other day I wrote a long post called "Something's Gotta Give." Perhaps some of you already read it. I decided to take it down off my blog. It just felt a little too much "woe is me." It's not that I didn't feel what I wrote...because I did. It's just that maybe I was a little too honest, as in, I told too much. Maybe I'm just feeling embarassed about what I wrote. I don't know. Blogging is a fine line between "keeping it real" but not airing out all your dirty laundry for all to read. That line can get blurry sometimes.

For those of you who didn't read it, here's the gist of it:

- My baby doesn't sleep.

- Physically, I'm not doing overly well. I've been having some strange symptoms lately.

- I've been troubled with a lot of anxiety/stress lately. This may be the cause of many of my symptoms.

-Things need to change around here.

What does this translate to?

I'm dedicating the rest of this year to getting things back in order around here. A real, focused effort to changing our habits. Working on getting Brielle to sleep better, potty training Nathanael, routines, boundaries, healthier habits for myself, etc. This means much less time online. I don't know yet how much less exactly. Being online...social media, etc just isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things. The dynamics of my life have changed a lot since I first signed up for Facebook and started blogging. Our family has changed and grown. This season of life is especially busy, and so this little blog of mine has been neglected. I don't really feel bad about that, though. My time needs to be spent on other things, on better things....on people...my family...

Thanks for understanding,

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hi,

I read your post that you took down. I could relate. You are in the throws of motherhood. A very blessed calling but also one of the hardest. I thought it was great that you were so honest. We are in the trenches together and it's good to be real. We are expecting baby number seven in three weeks. Our children are ages 11, 10, 7, 6, 4, 2 and soon to be new born. We have been homeschooling since the beginning. We are indeed blessed beyond measure. However, we are serving the Lord. It is hard work! What I've learned so far....have a plan but be open to when the Lord changes it, have routines/schedules (make sure "rest time" is in there for kids and mom)and being consistent with discipline.

Lets pray for each other.

Blessings~~angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...