Friday, April 10, 2015

Why I'm Giving Trim Healthy Mama Another Chance

Yes, as the title suggests, I'm giving the Trim Healthy Mama (THM) way of eating another chance. Here are my reasons (as pathetic as some of them may be....):

1) I have a huge container of whey protein powder in the fridge to use up...Fat Stripping Frappe, anyone?

2) Too many people are getting insane results with this plan...I want in on the action

3) The plan has exploded in popularity and is becoming much easier to follow due to

  •  Tons more recipes on Pinterest and blogs (not just recipes in the book)
  •  THM launching their own line of THM products (with distributors in my home province that carry their products, which also means reasonable shipping for the hard-to-find items like Dreamfields pasta)
4) Our 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up this year

5) I am so frustrated with my weight/health and want to get back to being a fit & healthy person

6) I suspect I have very high cortisol levels....insulin-resistance...adrenal fatigue (if it's a legitimate problem)....dawgone exhaustion...etc...The THM way of eating (low-glycemic) is much more conducive to addressing these problems as opposed to strict calorie-counting

7) I'm bored and I need a new hobby....experimenting with THM foods and recipes is my new hobby as is evidenced by my whipping up THM Pan Bread, Bread in a Mug, and Chunky Cream Pops this afternoon. Oh the kitchen mess, the kitchen mess....regrets.

8) Lunch today convinced me that this way of eating might actually be doable for me 90% of the time. Lunch was Greek Chicken Salad on THM Bread in a Mug with Skinny Chocolate for dessert. It was so insanely deliciously that I could hardly believe this was "diet" food...so I am becoming more convinced. Supper tonight is pizza. For the crust I will be using mostly whole-wheat homemade sour-dough (5 minute artisan bread recipe - the fermentation process eats away the carbs) and part-skimmed cheese. Okay, not gonna lie, it's not exactly the same as my typical pizza, but I know I have to make some changes in order to see progress. It's a pretty close 2nd place to my regular pizza, and it's miles ahead of the cauliflower crust pizza in pizza department. 

I know the key to me sticking with this plan is to not be too crazy strict with it and to find away to make quick and simple recipes. I am not going to worry about eating at other people's houses much or going out to eat, which we rarely do anyway. I have a few ideas on how I'm going to make this work for me, which I will try to share on the blog. 

I'll try to keep you updated on my new "hobby". Try, being the key word. I've been dog-tired lately. Trying to wean Brielle, the continual potty-training fiasco with Nathanael, and lots of screaming/not sleeping in the night (Brielle's upset tummy) is taking its toll. 

Keep on keeping on.


1 comment:

Moon-Shadows said...

With your babies tummy issues have you looked into GAPS diet/way of eating?? Very much like THM but for babies with tummy problems and it even can help with the issues you mentioned. Too much to type, but we went through a similar experience and it was the only thing that worked for us. It can actually heal the stomach/gut and help everything work right. Sounds like you have your hands full, prayers for you and your family or as my child says...many jesus blessings to you all!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...