Monday, December 7, 2015

My life

Last week was kind of a tough one for us. One disappointment after another has made it hard for my heart to remain hopeful and optimistic many times. Feeling stuck on a hamster wheel, always trying to get off, is not a fun feeling. My head constantly needs to remind my heart to not trust in my feelings, which all came crashing down on Saturday morning.

Thoughts affect feelings, so I force myself to think the right thoughts to try and bring my feelings back around again.

My life exists to bring glory to God, not to bring glory to myself.

My life exists to point others to Him, not to myself.

My life exists to know and experience a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

My life exists not to live out my plans, but to live out His.

When I awake in the morning, the sunrise reminds me of my Father, the One who paints the skies, and He reminds me that my life exists, and His purpose for me here is not fulfilled.


..."being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...