Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan


After a nice week of holidaying-at-home, we are back into the swing of things around here. My husband was off work last week, and we spent the week with family and friends. We went out to eat lots, so I got a break too, which was really nice. However, I must confess I'll be happy to start eating home-cooked meals again, even if I have to cook them myself :-). We spent a few days at my husband's parents' house, so he could help with harvest. His Mom had to get her appendix out a week or two again, and she always helps with harvest, so his parents needed some extra help with an already-late harvest. My hubby, his dad, and brother-in-law worked on the fields while my sister-in-law and I cooked, looked after our toddlers, and harvested some of the garden produce.

This weekend my husband and I had a "date weekend" as we sent our little Ellie off to my Mom and Dad's house for a couple days. I always find it so hard to leave her anywhere, even with our amazing families, but it is nice to spend some quality time with just each other. We went out for a few nice meals, watched a couple of movies, went for a walk, etc.

Here's the plan for this week:

Sunday
Ordered in pizza for lunch
Ate at Mom & Dad's for supper

Monday
Leftover pizza for lunch
Kommst Borscht (using leftover roast beef in freezer) for supper

Tuesday
Leftover Borscht, Cheese Biscuits, Tossed Salad

Wednesday
Grilled Salmon (NEW)(in oven), Rice, Carrot Latkes (NEW)

Thursday
Crockpot Beef Burgundy, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli

Friday
Leftovers

Saturday
Chicken Fingers, Baked French Fries, Veggies & Dip

*For more great meal ideas visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*
Link

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...