Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tired & Sick Kiddos

First of all, why is this being underlined? It's annoying me, but I don't know how to fix it, sorry. Anyway...

Things are a bit chaotic around here right now. Two days ago, Nathanael got extremely cranky, and I noticed he had a strange diaper rash. Shortly after that, I realized that we both have yeast infections and are passing it back and forth through nursing. Lovely. We are now on probiotics and also anti-fungals which will hopefully kick this thing. Then yesterday Elianna started sniffling and sneezing. By night time she was screaming and absolutely miserable with what I hope is only a horrendous cold. No fever yet, so for now we just wait it out. I was up all night with a screaming toddler who wanted to smush her face up against mine all night (yep, I'm just waiting for my sniffles to start!) and also a fairly cranky newborn who is still getting up every 2 hours or so to nurse. Needless to say, we all survived and I am SOOOOO thankful to have a hubby who took over at 8:30 a.m. so I could catch a couple hours of sleep.

To top it all off, we are having some sort of potty training issue with Elianna, and I'm not sure if it's because she's sick right now or what the deal is. She is (or should I say was?) completely day-time trained and would go even a week with zero accidents. She hadn't had a #2 accident for probably over a month. Then suddenly yesterday she started having accidents again. Lots of them... Usually when she has an accident she tells us, but this time she just goes on her merry little way as if nothing happened?? I personally think it's because she's feeling pretty miserable right now since it only started happening when she came down with this nasty cold. Still, I don't get it. She had a few accidents right after Nathanael was born, which I hear is normal, but until yesterday she had been doing really well.

By the way, I can't believe our baby is 3 weeks old already. Where is the time going??

Also, have you seen the movie Courageous? It is seriously fantastic. SO good. Probably the best movie I've ever seen. Everyone needs to watch this movie.

That's it for now. I'm seeing already that my posts are going to be few and far between for quite awhile.

That's okay. I have my babies to take care of.


1 comment:

Melodiejoy said...

Oh, I do pray that you all feel better soon :-) Don't worry about gaps in blogging, having 2 young ones is a big job, enjoy this precious time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...