Wednesday, November 14, 2012

For the Weary ...

I have been feeling very unlike myself lately. Not every day, but many days. I am finding this particular season of life (especially the last 2 months or so) very difficult most days, and I feel guilty for the lack of enthusiasm I have lately. I feel like I am being a terrible witness because many days I am just so...I don't know what the word is exactly. Weary? Unmotivated? A bit depressed even, perhaps?

My children don't sleep. I don't sleep. It's driving me crazy. How pathetic is it when the first thing I think when my eyes open for the morning is...I can't wait until nap time...bed time..anytime... when I can just sleep. Lately I've been feeling like my brain is so tired that I can't even carry on a normal conversation with anyone; I nearly panic at the thought of going somewhere where I'll be forced to carry on a conversation since I feel too tired to even talk.

Do I desire to be a joyful Mom? Yes. Do I try to be a joyful Mom even when I don't feel like it? Yes. The truth is, though, that lately being a joyful, enthusiastic Mom is hard most days.

Today I was thinking about the passage from Isaiah...But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

They that wait upon the Lord...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord cares for us? I haven't been having much computer time lately because I am working on being less distracted and "being all here" for my family. There is no facebook or blog reading unless the kids are asleep. And lately when the kids are asleep, I am also trying to sleep rather than be on the internet. Yet, in my very limited time on the computer, I've read these few articles, which contain some great Bible passages regarding rest and sleep.

When you feel weary and tired: embracing God's sweet gift of sleep. 

I think the Lord knew I need to read this last night....

Permission to Rest

I also like this article I read awhile back: Caring For Yourself (The Me Time Myth Revisited). 

Waiting upon the Lord,





1 comment:

Kristy said...

I completely understand how you feel. I have a 2 month old and have been very sleep deprived. I feel like my brain doesn't work and I can't remember anything. I hope you are feeling better soon and that your little ones will let you sleep better at night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...