Friday, November 16, 2012

The Little Things


I serve a God who does big things. He can make the blind see, the lame walk, and heal the sick. My God does big things.  He spoke the heavens into existence and created the whole world. He restores broken marriages, broken relationships, and broken people. He forgives sin and gives people new hearts.

I have seen my God do big things. 

I have also seen my God do little things. 

I have been praying for sleep, that my kids would sleep so that I could sleep. Many of you read my post For the Weary that speaks of how I have been struggling lately.  Last night my kids slept for 7 hours in a row. It has been months and months since I have not had to get up multiple times within 7 hours. A little miracle happened last night, and I am reminded how God cares about little things.

Praise the Lord who calms the storm, heals the sick, and sees each sparrow that falls. Praise the Lord who hears the prayers of a weary mama and gives her sleep when He knows she needs it.

Praise the Lord who does the big things and the little things.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...