Saturday, May 25, 2013

Overwhelmed


....when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Psalm 61:2

Friends, I have been feeling overwhelmed lately. 
This has been a rough week. Health-wise, I am sick with a nasty head/sinus cold. Elianna has tonsilitis, and Nathanael is coughing like crazy. Tomorrow I am in charge of the music at church and am not quite sure how that will work out with this awful sinus thing I have right now. 

Everyone knows there are seasons of life where one starts to feel overwhelmed. Day-to-day activities just don't seem to go well, and though I am busy every minute of the day, there seems to be little to show for it. For example, yesterday I started making pizza for supper. What normally would take me only 20 minutes or so of prep time ended up taking 1 1/2 hours. Supper was rather late and I was rather exhausted by the time all was said and done. There just seems to be a lot going on right now.

While writing these things, I am keenly aware, however, of how minuscule my "problems" are compared to those of many people. I am suddenly convicted that my "problems" are actually things for which to give thanks. 

Perspective... 

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. From 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Perhaps what I need most of all is an attitude adjustment. 

I know you will understand that I need to take a break from the blog for awhile while I sort things out on the home-front :-)





4 comments:

Sarah Bethany said...

I am really feeling the same way, dear! We spent a tiring, stressful week with in-laws only to come back worn out and sick. Now we face the week of work and school ahead and I am behind out the wazoo... being pregnant does nothing to help this brain of mine!

So, I stand with you! May God give us grace to accomplish all that we need to with attitudes that glorify Him. (I am struggling with this especially!!!)

Thank you for sharing your journey!

Unknown said...

I completely understand...sometimes we need to give ourselves a little grace during these times :) Praying that you all feel better soon.

Linda said...

We understand. Hope you feel better soon!
Linda

Kara said...

Hi Jenna. I definitely understand where you are coming from! I wish you the best and pray the Holy Spirit works in your heart to foster the attitude you, and God, desire. I also pray for health for your family!
Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...