Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Something About Rainy Days

There's something about cool, rainy days that makes me feel like snuggling down with my babies with a good book while taking in the aroma of something delicious baking in the oven.
A tall mug of coffee pairs well with rainy days.

There's something about rainy days that reminds me to be grateful that I can stay home, all cozied up and doing what I love to do. Homemaking.

There's something about rainy days that makes me get all teary-eyed as I'm keenly aware that my babies are growing far too quickly. Far too quickly.... Oh, what an enormous task I have, raising these little babes for the glory of God. And for such a very short time...

I came across this verse today. "He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." - Job 9:10
What an awesome God we serve.

Have your heart on things above,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the rain. My beloved and I moved from a place where the weather men had many names for rain...we all called it liquid sunshine to now we live in a place that without man made irrigation this area would be desert in a matter of moments. The wind whips through and the sun beats down. I love the snow in the winters though! *smile*

I tend to take the kids out to play in the rain as long as it's only rain without thunder and lightning. *big smile*

I have been reading through your blog about your head covering, I am new to covering though not new to pray without ceasing and fearing the Lord, and I thank you for sharing your thoughts here. We also homeschool and really appriciate the freedom to do so! We have a seven year old boy and a five year old girl. I stay home and my beloved finantally prvides for our needs by the grace of God. So, thank you and I am glad to have found your spot on the world wide web. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two growing blessings & so much more!
http://withhimalone.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...