Monday, February 11, 2013

The Most Important "TO DO"


I am a To Do list kind of girl. Confession - I have even written down a task after completing it, just to feel the satisfaction of crossing it off my list. 

Lately, though, the Lord has been teaching me that it is very possible to accomplish everything on my to do list and yet miss the mark. Completely. 

Friends, we are not called to complete our to-do lists.

We are not called to accomplish our own goals.

We are called to ABIDE in the love of JESUS.
As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.“These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:9-11


How do we abide in the love of Jesus? Look at the passage again. If we keep His commandments. 

What is His commandment? That we love one another as Jesus has loved us.

Though my to do's and goals may be noble, I can complete all my own goals and cross every item off my to-do list and still have been disobedient if I have not loved others as Jesus has loved me.

My to-do list can be a mile long, but this is the "to-do" that I need to focus my heart on day in and day out for all long as I'm given breath.
 And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEARTAND WITH ALL YOUR SOULAND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40
We are called...no, we are commanded....to love the LORD with everything we are. 

We are commanded to love our neighbour as ourself. 

We are commanded to love one another as Jesus has loved us.

Friends, a command is not optional. If we love God, we will obey Him.

 In all that we do throughout our busy days...the grocery shopping, the diaper changing, the house keeping, the meal making, the child training..... let us not miss our most important "To Do".

Love in Jesus,


This post may be linked up to any of the following:

Growing Home



Photobucket


Gratituesday hosted by

7 comments:

JES said...

I am a list maker too :) Good point about our first priority! I am visiting from Growing Home Link UP :)

Amy said...

Beautiful Post! I have been checking in with your blog for about a year now...this is my favourite post of yours. You can visit me at crispyshipley.com if you like.

God Bless,

Amy

Joy in the Wilderness said...

Great reminder. Maybe I should put God's commands at the top of my list, so I see them as often as I see the other things.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just found your blog, believe it or not from a link that you did with Organizing Junkie, back in Jan 2011. So after I looked at your link, Jan 7, 2011, I went to your home page and was very excited to see you are still blogging and to read yesterdays post. What an amazing reminder, which I most definately needed. Thanks so much I am following you now to see what other wise words you have. have a wonderful day. Love your blog

Jenna said...

Thank you all for your kind, encouraging words.

Correna... that is so cool :-).

Mama to 12, so far said...

Came over from Growing Home link up and I wanted to say I enjoyed this post!

Unknown said...

I can relate to your post...I think most of us Moms these days can with all the hustle and bustle around us!
That was a great reminder of things the Lord has been whispering to my heart lately. Thanks for sharing :)

Found you on Linky Monday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...