Thursday, February 28, 2013

When It Rains, It Pours

Rain Drops, Heavy Rainfall, Edinburgh Photographer

Yesterday was one crazy day.

The morning started off with Elianna waking up around 6 am complaining of a stomach ache. She went back to bed only to wake up throwing up around 7:30. She spent the morning throwing up about every hour or so, but by the afternoon she seemed to be on the mend.

Then just before supper, the kids were playing when I suddenly heard a horrible scream. I ran and saw Nathanael's finger pinched in the door. It looked TERRIBLE. I was seriously freaking out inside and quickly called my husband at work and asked him to come home so I could figure out whether a trip to the walk-in or hospital was in order. At this point, I thought it was possibly broken because of how awful it looked.

I really didn't want to have to bring Elianna with me to the doctor since she had just been throwing up all morning. After about half an hour, his finger looked quite a bit better and I was feeling fairly confident it wasn't broken, but I figured it should probably get checked out anyway since it was pinched pretty badly. I hauled Nathanael to the walk-in clinic for a 2 hour wait to see the doctor. The doctor thought it needed to be x-rayed, so we were told to have that done this morning and go back to the doctor again the next day.

Thankfully Elianna was 100% better this morning, so we got Nathanael's x-ray done and then managed to get in with his family doctor for the follow-up so that we didn't have to go back to the walk-in (thankfully!). No broken bones - praise the Lord - just a pretty nasty bruise.

In other news...

My birthday is coming up soon, and I'm planning on making a new dessert. It will consist of rolos, brownies, cheesecake, caramel sauce, and whipped cream layered in mason jars. This is what I've dreamed up, anyway!

I'm currently on Week 6 of the Couch to 5K program and I have not lost ANY of the 15 pounds I had hoped to lose since starting. Pretty sure this is because all I can think of when I'm running is DESSERT! Yeah...that is not helping. Anyway, I'm thinking about giving the 5K a go tomorrow (even though it's only Week 6 of the 9 Week program) just cause I want to try it. I'm supposed to run 22 minutes straight tomorrow and would have to do 30 minutes straight in order to get to 5K. I am reasonably confident that I can do the whole 5K if I really push myself. We shall see how I feel about it tomorrow....

Happy my kiddos are doing better today,

1 comment:

Kara said...

You can do it! Good luck!

And so glad everyone is starting to feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...