Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Menu Plan and Today's Plan

After Elianna came down with a  sore throat and fever (again!) last Friday (and at a birthday party with a bunch of kids, too ), I think we are finally all fever-free and relatively healthy, at least for this morning. HA.

Yep, it was 3 weeks straight of illness for our family. Glad we're getting a break from sickness at the moment. Immediately after realizing she was sick again on Friday, I booked her a doctor's appointment for today, just in case it was strep or something nasty setting in after her nasty 2 week virus. Thankfully, it seems to be just a minor cold or something, so no doctor's visit necessary today:-).

For Sunday School this past Sunday, my hubby was asked to share his testimony of what God has been doing in our family's life lately, especially with regards to him leaving his job in the health care field. It was a bit nerve-wracking as there were A LOT of people in Sunday School this past week, many of whom were guests. We were covering an extremely touchy & controversial subject, so it was a bit difficult. It has only been very recently that we have been ready & willing to go into the entire "why" of him leaving his job, so it was a bit stretching for us as well.

Tuesday's Plan:
*Finish laundry for the week (and put it away!!)  - Kids' laundry & Towels/Bedding
*Do some school with Elianna (this is a review week of A, B, C, & D). This year I'm doing an eclectic mix of a bit from Heart of Dakota's Little Hands to Heaven Book (We did half the book last year, so I'm skipping parts here and there), Easy Peasy Getting Ready 1 (free online curriculum that works well with HOD), and Rod & Staff Preschool Workbooks.
*Make a lasagna to put in the freezer
* Tidy up the  basement (it's disastrous, at the moment)
*Tidy up master bedroom (it's also disastrous and in desperate need of some organizing/purging/cleaning. THIS is my main project for the week...some serious work needed in here. Who am I kidding? My entire house is disastrously unorganized and in need of serious work). I had hopes of one room per day this week, but that's far too lofty of a goal. SO, I'm aiming for 1 room per week now.)
*Find 5 things to either sell or donate
*Spend at least 20 minutes outside playing with the kids
*30 minutes of exercise after kids are in bed
*Go to bed with the house more or less picked up
*Be in bed by 11 pm tonight. Take some time to relax, read my Bible, & read from another book

This week's menu plan is going to be very, very simple. I am hoping to get a few projects accomplished during the week, so I don't want to be spending too much time in the kitchen. Otherwise, it's guaranteed I won't get any of my little projects done.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday:     Lunch: Hamburger Vegetable Soup (I made a giant pot, so we can eat lots of leftovers this week and freeze some)
                    Supper: Homemade Pizza (Seriously, I cannot get enough pizza this pregnancy. One night at 11 pm I was craving pizza SO badly, but I managed to resist the craving.).

Tuesday:     Lunch:  Leftover Hamburger Vegetable Soup
                   Supper: Asian Salad with Salmon Cakes

Wednesday: Lunch: Greek Salad
                    Supper: Hamburger Vegetable Soup (again!)

Thursday:  Lunch: Omelets & Fruit
                 Supper: Simple Stir Fry Veggies & Rice

Friday:     Lunch: Egg Salad Sandwiches
                Supper: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Saturday: Lunch: Mac N' Cheese with Tomatoes
                 Supper: TBD

Sunday: TBD (possibly Potato Soup or picking up some fast food)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...