Friday, October 4, 2013

Update

After a trip to the ER on Tuesday when Elianna's fever reached 104.7 and she was in lots of pain, we were told she had a bacterial infection, possibly bladder or kidney, though the doctor wasn't sure. On Wednesday, she was still very sick and in lots of pain with a high fever. We took her to her pediatrician on Wednesday evening to follow-up, and he looked at her blood test results and examined her. He disagreed with what the ER doctor told us and thought the blood work pointed to a nasty virus with the small possibility of a bacterial infection (such as strep) just beginning. He advised that we wait until Thursday evening before starting antibiotics, and if she hadn't improved by then, then we would start antibiotics. Turns out that Thursday morning, she woke up with no fever! Today she is still doing well and seems to be over it. Unfortunately, Nathanael's fever started last night and he is now sick :-(. It's been a long 2 weeks of sickness in our house. I'm really hoping and praying that I do not catch this nasty virus as high fevers can be dangerous in pregnancy, and there isn't much you can take in pregnancy. I'm starting to feel nasty again and hoping it's just from being worn out taking care of sick kiddos for the past 2 weeks and not the start of this virus going around here.

2 comments:

Kara Braun said...

That is wonderful news about Elianna's fever! I pray you stay healthy and Nathanael doesn't get as sick as Elianna.

Linda said...

Jenna, I just said a prayer for you and your family. I pray than you all will soon be rid of this nasty germ and that you and your unborn angel will not be affected.
Thanks for your update. Hope you are resting as much as possible.
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...