Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Menu Plan, Sleep Deprivation, & Freezer Cooking

We have been quite busy this week, so I haven't really had time to blog until now. Well, so much for Nathanael doing really well in his toddler bed. I knew it was too good to be true when he was only getting up 1 to 3 times! Most of my nights (meaning midnight until 8 am) are spent dragging my 35 week pregnant self off the couch over 25 times to put him back to bed. Worst part...putting him back to bed for the 10th time in an hour, thinking he's finally asleep again, a-l-m-o-s-t falling back asleep myself and then BAM! He's up again. I'm thinking I'm getting a combined 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night if you add up all the 20 to 30 minute spurts I get between him getting up. This is definitely more exhausting than tending to a newborn! However...I am incredibly spoiled right now because after my graveyard shift is over around 8 am, my husband, who slept during the night, gets up and keeps the kids occupied downstairs so I can get 2 or so hours of uninterrupted sleep in the morning. Even with that early morning nap, I'm feeling quite sleep deprived, but it is definitely manageable with hubby taking over for a couple hours in the morning.  If he was working AND I had to deal with this sleepless toddler 25 times a night plus tending a newborn 4 to 6 times, and then get up in the morning and take care of the three kids all day...yikes. I am praying, praying, praying that Nathanael's sleep situation gets sorted out in the next 5 weeks before the baby arrives. This week is a little busier in the kitchen as I'm scrambling to get our freezer stocked before the baby arrives.

Here's the menu plan for this week:

Monday: Crockpot Balsamic Beef (NEW - this was quite good and only took 5 minutes to throw together, but I felt it was a little acidic and needed a bit more sugar to balance it), Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Peas/Carrots

Tuesday: Picked up fast food after running errands all afternoon & doing our exhausting monthly grocery trip.

Wednesday: Turkey & Rice Casserole (Freeze half), Peas/Carrots, Salad
*Prep for tomorrow: Thaw 4 chicken breasts and marinate overnight for Penne Chicken Casserole and Chicken Enchiladas freezer meal. Thaw frozen spinach for Penne casserole*

Thursday: Broccoli Soup for lunch (Freeze half)
               :Pesto Penne Chicken Casserole (Freeze half) & Caesar Salad
*Prep for tomorrow's pizza pockets: Make pizza sauce, slice pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, onions, peppers, grate cheese)

Friday: Leftovers
*Make homemade pizza pockets for freezer. These are time and labour-intensive, but our whole family really likes them.*

Saturday:  Homemade Pizza

Sunday: Leftovers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...