Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Facing Uncertainty in 2013?

If you are at all like me, in the midst of uncertainty, worry is an almost constant temptation. I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I don't know what next week will bring, next month, or next year, but am I really in the middle of "uncertainty"?

For surely the LORD is certain

He is certain of tomorrow, next week, month and year.

Are not all my days already written in His book?
Are not my husband's & children's also?

Though I may not know what tomorrow will bring, it is true that the most important things are most certain.

It is most certain that the power of death and hell has been defeated.

It is most certain that my dear LORD bore my sin in His own body on that cross.

It is most certain that the payment for my sin was paid in full, for He declared it to be when He cried, "It is finished."

It is most certain that we have a living hope for we serve a risen Saviour.

It is most certain that He is preparing a place for us and will soon return.

It is most certain that we are closer today to His glorious appearing than we were yesterday.

It is most certain that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Thus, when I am tempted to think of the "uncertainty", let me cling ever more tightly to the One who is, most assuredly, certain.




Linking up to
Photobucket

Growing Home

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thank you so much for this post! It is very timely for me, as I have been struggling with uncertainty lately. Very good points that I need to keep in mind!

Lori @ EncourageYourSpouse.com said...

Perfect. Thank you for sharing the certainties of our life in Christ. It's so important to hear and know and I appreciate how you phrased it all.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post Jenna, I found it especially helpful of a reminder as someone who suffers from anxiety. By the way, I love the new blog header!

Countrified Hicks said...

You shared a beautiful and powerful message. I would love for you to come over to my blog hop and share this and other posts there! I am also your newest follower and hope you will return the favor.
http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/02/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-blog-hop.html

Michelle said...

What a beautiful post! I am a worrier and have just come to realize that I have made worry a "idol" to which I focused on rather than Jesus. So even though the uncertainty and worry is still there I am working to make sure it doesn't block my relationship and focus from Christ.

Popping over from Time Warp Wife and Titus 2sday!

motherk said...

Amen and Amen! So very well said!

"THE LORD IS AT HAND. 6BE CAREFUL FOR NOTHING (Don't worry about anything); but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING, SHALL KEEP YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS.8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS. 9THOSE THINGS, WHICH YE HAVE BOTH LEARNED, AND RECEIVED, AND HEARD, AND SEEN IN ME, DO: AND THE PEACE OF GOD SHALL BE WITH YOU." Phil. 4: 5-9

(Sorry for the "all caps" but didn't know any other way to highlight these words in the comment section.Would have rather highlighted the various sections in different colors as they are all important, but some focus on what we are supposed to do, and other parts on what God will do when we obey His commands.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...