Monday, January 7, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


Finally, I'm back to menu planning after the holidays. Though I greatly enjoy turkey, ham and Christmas feasts, I am definitely glad all the holiday baking and snacking is over. All that sugar has been leaving me feeling quite yucky. It feels like our family has been sick all winter. We get over one sickness only to come down with something else the next week. I currently have a nasty throat infection. Thankfully I seem to be the only one with it so far. Nathanael came down with a high fever last week, has a hoarse voice, and now has a rash. I'm taking him to the pediatrician to get checked out today.

I am really trying to make an effort to cook healthier meals and have healthier snacks on hand for my family. This month I also tried to do one big shopping trip for the month and plan my meals for the whole month instead of only weekly. I'm going to see if this will (hopefully) cut back on my grocery budget. I have heard some people have great success with this way of shopping.

I do have some things I would like to work on this year and hope to make a list and share them with you soon. I think I am going to break them down into monthly goals instead of the giant New Year's resolutions.

Here's what we will be eating this week:

Sunday: Christmas gathering with my side of the family

Monday: Leftovers

Tuesday: Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala, Basmati Rice, Tossed Salad

Wednesday: Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry, Egg Rolls, Rice,

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Skillet Light Lasagna & Caesar Salad

Saturday: Homemade Buffalo Chicken & BBQ Chicken Pizza, Veggies & Dip

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...