Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We're Back (& Busy)

This past weekend we traveled 7 hours away for a family wedding. It was a bit of a whirlwind trip as we drove up Saturday for the Sunday afternoon wedding. We decided not to use our hotel room for the 2nd night and left after the reception on Sunday to arrive at home just before 3 a.m. Wow did my bed ever feel good after that! Ellie did not sleep the whole way home as we had hoped, so I sat in the back seat to entertain her for part of the way. Thankfully we all slept in the next morning and spent the day unpacking and recovering. We were able to visit with some of my extended family at the wedding (aunts, uncles, cousins, grand parents), some of whom I had not seen in a very long time (6 years!). It was a bit of a mini reunion, which was really nice.

Ellie's 2nd birthday is coming up quickly, so I am trying to get a few things together for that. I tried my hand at fondant for the first time, and I'll say right way that I'm not its biggest fan...I'm doing a really simple cake with butter cream icing and fondant flowers. Cake decorating takes a kind of creativity and patience that does not come natural to me. I'd much rather cook than bake. I'm trying to do as much ahead of time as possible to get ready for the birthday, but it is still taking WAY longer than I thought it would.

These are busy days for us, so blogging is sparse. It's all I can do to keep the house somewhat orderly. I think it's safe to say I've been feeling a little stressed lately thinking about all the things I would LIKE to get done before baby arrives in January. Yes, I know it's still 4 1/2 months away, but with my long project list I'll be lucky if I get half the things done I hope to. I'll probably post my list here one of these days when I need to clear my mind. It doesn't help that for some odd reason my nausea is back and so is the extreme pregnancy-related tiredness that left for awhile but has now returned. Oh well...it will all be worth it. I can hardly wait for this baby to come!

Oh and as for what we're eating this week in case anyone really cares, which you probably don't :-)...I am taking advantage of some freezer meals I had on hand, so we've already had chicken enchiladas and lazy cabbage rolls from the freezer. The rest of the week I plan on only having to make spaghetti and meat sauce (and freezing the leftovers of course!) and pizza.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...