Thursday, October 27, 2011

Extra Grace

I need it today. I also need to show it today.

Last night was a long night. (Or is that, a short night?) For some reason, Little Ellie was extremely restless, refusing to fall asleep, and cried/screamed on and off for over 5 hours half-asleep. She would just about be sleeping and then she'd startle awake and cry again. And I have no idea why. We had been making some progress with her falling asleep on her own and staying in bed most of the night. Progress...as in 2 days in a row of this, but the last 2 nights have been rough ones. Like I said before, I'm not sure why. I caved last night and after things were not going well, I crawled into bed with her to try to help her get to sleep. It didn't work. Several hours later, I stumbled into bed sometime after 2 a.m. and she finally fell asleep beside me. Due to her intermittent crying (which was mostly in a half asleep/half awake state), poor hubby was kept up most of the night, too. He ended up sleeping in the spare room/baby's room sometime around 2 a.m. So today, I am tired. My head is in a fog. I am feeling impatient and slightly grumpy. I'm also sure less than 6 hours of sleep is not enough for a 2 year old. Oh how I pray we can figure out these sleeping troubles in the next 10 weeks before the baby arrives. I'm getting nervous. It's not good for me, not good for hubby, and most importantly, not good for her. She needs her sleep. Just when I thought we were making progress, things get crazy again. I think (and hope) a nap is in the plans for today.

2 comments:

Tania said...

That sounds tough- hope things get better for you before your new baby arrives.

Penguin said...

I wrote this and I lost it! So here is it again.

Do pls pray for Jenna that the Lord gives her wisdom and alot of Grace to get through this stressful period!

Pls pray that Ellie will be able to sleep properly and that the lords grace will be on her. That she will sleep peacefully during the nights..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...