Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Shopping Day and Holidays

We are really enjoying our holidaying at home this week. We got Ellie's room and our basement spare room painted. I got another batch of salsa made and have a few little projects I hope to finish this week. We are just enjoying eating out when we feel like it and staying home when we feel like it.

I absolutely LOVE the colour of Ellie's room (Benjamin Moore's Odessa Pink) and am thrilled with how her room is coming along even though I decided to go a bit of a different route than expected. Originally I was going for a more vintage, old fashioned look, but my indecisiveness crept up again and we are going with a more girly modern look with pinks and brown after I found some cute bedding. Yesterday we took a trip into the city to do some shopping. I picked up some new bedding for Ellie's room since we plan on switching her out of the toddler bed and into a twin bed soon. The bedding was found at a clearance center for half price and although different from what I imagined her bedding to be, I just couldn't resist it in the end. I also picked up a picture for her wall, brown curtains and a matching valence that I hope will work. The valence was regular $40 on sale for $5 so I figured it was worth the chance. I can't wait to show you all pictures but for now, you'll have to wait since we haven't moved her bed up yet. It could be a few weeks before it all comes together. I also did some shopping for myself and picked up a few maternity clothes, some which will hopefully transition nicely back into my regular ward robe after the baby's born. Overall, it was a fantastic day and I was SO impressed with how well Ellie did. It was a long day for her but she was so happy and well behaved in general, it was far less stressful than I thought it would be.
We are making slow progress with Ellie's bedtime. She is getting more used to falling asleep on her own but still getting out of bed at night.
This morning I had an appointment with my midwife and this afternoon I'm going for a hair cut. Should be another great day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...