Friday, May 16, 2014

Fitness Friday Flops

You probably aren't going to be surprised that I'm scrapping Fitness Friday check-ins for awhile. I should probably have been calling my weekly check-ins Frustrating Fridays rather than Fitness Fridays :-). No change this week - up slightly, actually. Yep, I'm crazy frustrated with this weight-loss thing this time around. I really do not think it was this hard to lose the weight after my first 2 babies! Maybe I'm more stressed this time and that's contributing? I don't know...All I know is that unless I have something somewhat significant to blog about regarding fitness and weight loss, I'm going to scrap this Frustrating Fitness Friday stuff.
As I was going back in my calendar, I noticed that I've lost a grand total of 3 pounds in 2 months. Wow.  The sad thing is that I feel like I'm actually trying, but it's not paying off. By this same time with Nathanael's birth, I had probably lost about 25 pounds. It is tough to stay disciplined and make good choices with exercise and food when you don't see visible results. I really, really, really do not want to have to try a different "diet" such as Trim Healthy Mama again (separating carbs and fats with basically no processed sugar - a low glycemic plan, meant to prevent spikes in blood sugar), but I'm starting to think about it. If nothing significant changes this month, I'll likely reconsider trying something such as THM again.  Until then, I will journey on. I am determined...(Besides, I have hardly any clothes that fit me right now other than maternity clothes!)

2 comments:

Kara said...

I can't imagine how challenging it could be with three little ones to look after as well. You'll get back to where you want to be in time - hopefully it starts going your way very soon!

Anonymous said...

Jenna, please stop obsessing about weight. You are the mother of three beautiful little ones with all of the work and exhaustion (and fun and love) they bring. Don't let the "world" influence you on this. Enjoy every minute with your family and focus on the truly important. Thanks for sharing your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...