Sunday, September 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (September 20, 2010)


Last week's menu plan went according to plan for the most part. The only change I made was that on Friday we had pancakes and bacon instead of Chili, and then we had Chili on Saturday and leftovers on Sunday. Saturday was a crazy day for us (our little girl came down with a very high fever, so I had to take her to the doctor. She has some type of throat infection, possibly strep throat) Thus, I only got the cornbread made on Sunday for our leftover chili. I ended up making this buttermilk cornbread instead of my planned jalapeno cornbread.

I also tried an AWESOME new recipe for ginger cookies. These were sooooo good. I seriously could hardly keep myself from eating them all. In fact, they disappeared so quickly, I didn't even get a picture of them! Oh well...next time because there definitely will be a next time! These were a very melt-in-your mouth type of cookie. I found the recipe for them here.

As planned, I got around to making some beet pickles for the first time and some more of our favourite rhubarb jam.

Here's the plan for this week (And here's hoping hubby and I stay healthy):

Sunday, September 19
Leftover Flatlander Chili, Buttermilk Cornbread

Monday, September 20
Tuna Macaroni Casserole, Veggies from the Garden (probably carrot sticks)

Tuesday, September 21
Leftovers

Wednesday, September 22
Farmer's Sausage, Mashed Potatoes, Veggies

Thursday, September 23
Homemade Tomato Soup (scroll down for recipe), Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Friday, September 24
Chinese Steak (new), Rice

Saturday, September 25
Leftovers

Baking/Canning/Other
Cookies (probably another batch of the soft ginger cookies)
Beet Pickles or Beet Relish

*For more meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...