Friday, December 31, 2010

Catching Up

There are many things I want to blog about in the next few weeks. I have lots of delicious recipes with pictures to share. Plus, I'd like to write a post summing up the past year (kind of an anonymous Christmas letter). There has been quite a bit of excitement around our household this past week.

In the past week...

On Dec. 23, we took Ellie to the hospital with a fever
.
On Christmas Eve, Ellie was hospitalized. She had to get poked 4 times in 3 1/2 days (poor girl!)

On Christmas Day, we were allowed to leave the hospital on a pass and had Christmas with my husband's family

On Boxing Day, we had to return to the hospital for more blood tests and to see the doctor again; she was discharged in the afternoon, so we headed to my parent's house for Christmas. (We enjoyed their hot tub...sooo nice!)

On December 29, we decided to buy flooring to redo the flooring in our entire upstairs. The carpet is pretty worn and the linoleum in our kitchen is in need of replacing, too. Although we would have preferred hardwood, we just couldn't pass up a fabulous deal on laminate flooring from our favourite store, which costs WAY less. Now, we have A LOT of work to do in the next year! (Yikes! That part is really scaring me.)

On December 30 (yesterday), we had some potty training success! Yay! I'm just casually starting training as Bittles is showing interest and understands "things" :-).

New Year's Eve: We probably won't be heading out to any big get-together's tonight, unfortunately. I'm pretty disappointed about that, but somehow I have to realize that things have changed around here and I need to be content no matter the circumstance. Part of me still hasn't accepted that yet as I really miss getting together with people and going out and about pretty much whenever. Even though I am definitely a home-body, it's just hard knowing we can't do the things we used to do quite so easily. (I would LOVE to play some games and such, but big get-together's aren't the best idea with Little Bittle's neutropenia, especially since her immune system is even lower now that she's fighting off a cold. If she hadn't just been in the hospital, perhaps we would venture out somewhere. But, she just got out of the hospital - we'd like it to stay that way for awhile! )

And tomorrow I trade my bread for a....rice cracker? I am so not looking forward to that...

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Karen Lee said...

Hi Jenna,

I can sure relate to hospitalizations and to feeling housebound. I'm so grateful for the respite hours we get, they have really helped in this, but at times it is very frustrating not to be able to just hop in the car and go places as a family...Yes, frustrating and a bit sad. I hope Bittles is feeling better soon. And I hope that you have good friends who will drop in to play games or visit (only when they are HEALTHY of course). I have found good friends who remember us to be so invaluable. They almost make me feel like I have a social life again, even though I still get cabin fever at times.
Thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
love,
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...