Friday, December 24, 2010

Extra Cuddles

We had a bit of a rough night last night with Ellie's fever spiking pretty high in the night (40.1C), which is around 104 degrees F I think. Thankfully, the tylenol brought the fever down pretty quickly. This morning, she is in pretty good spirits, playing and giggling at times (with a raspy throat!). She still has a fever and refuses to eat anything, but she's drinking quite a bit still. So far we've been able to keep the fever under control for the most part. She was up most of the night, but this morning, she was super cuddly and brought me her blanket and stuffed giraffe and cuddled with me. Eventually we both fell asleep on the couch, which gave me some much-needed rest, too. Plus, I enjoyed the extra cuddles from my little sweetie :-). I'm nervous about her having the fever being neutropenic, but I guess time will tell if it's viral or bacterial. So far, she doesn't seem a whole lot worse than yesterday (other than her fever being very high in the night). I wish I would have been more specific about asking the doctor when to bring her in. He did say that if she got worse to bring her in right away and not to hesitate, but I'm not sure how long I should wait if things don't really get worse but she still has the fever. I am thinking that if she still has the fever after 3 full days, even if she doesn't seem worse symptom-wise, then I'll probably bring her in again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...