Thursday, February 3, 2011

Greek Salad



One of my favourite foods is definitely Greek Salad. Feta cheese, olives, red wine vinegar...how could it not be good? I often have this for a light lunch. It actually fills me up, but I find I need to have a snack such as a yogurt smoothie in the afternoon so I don't go hungry.
Here's my recipe for Greek Salad. This recipe makes enough to feed 1 person as a main dish or 2 people as a side salad.

Greek Salad
1/2 large tomato, cut into wedges or chunks
1/4 cucumber, cut into halves
2 Romaine lettuce leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
2-3 slices of red onion
1-2 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
3-5 kalamata olives

Dressing:
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Place tomato, cucumber, lettuce, feta cheese, and olives into a small bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad, toss to coat. Garnish with more feta cheese .

Printable Grocery List

Note: My dressing recipe might be a little too vinegary for some people. Adjust the proportions of olive oil and vinegar to suit your own taste.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...