Saturday, February 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (February 7, 2011)

Last week I tried a couple new recipes and they were all huge hits! I have wanted to make homemade French onion soup for a really long time, so I figured I'd try it. This is seriously amazing stuff! It is unbelievably flavourful. The only thing I would do differently next time is omit the toasted bread and cheese on top and just serve it on the side. I know that is a no-no with French Onion soup, but I just prefer it that way. I definitely will be making that again and have no need to try another French onion soup recipe because I'm convinced this one can't be topped. I tried a new Alfredo sauce this week, too, and this one will now be my go-to recipe for Alfredo sauce. So creamy and the perfect texture for us! I made only slight adjustments to the recipe and will post my adjusted recipe in the future. For a new dessert, I tried Heavenly Homemaker's brownies, and they were SO fudgey and good! I will be making them again as they were definitely some of the best brownies I have had. If you like REALLY fudgey brownies, then this is a recipe you should try. I used white sugar instead of rapadura, regular chocolate chips, and white flour instead of whole wheat, although next time I'm going to try sneaking in some whole wheat.

Here's the plan for this week:

Sunday, February 6
Lunch: something simple (leftovers, smoothies)
Supper: Went out to eat

Monday, February 7
Glazed turkey meatballs, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots

Tuesday, February 8
Super simple bean and cheese burritos (NEW, didn't get made last week), sweet potato fries

Wednesday, February 9
Crockpot Turkey and Barley Soup(NEW), Savory flax biscuits

Thursday, February 10
Leftover soup and biscuits

Friday, February 11
Sausage, perogies, green beans

Saturday, February 12
Breakfast for dinner (buttermilk pancakes, scrambled eggs, homemade tater tots (NEW), bacon, fruit)


*For more great meal ideas visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...