Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (February 21, 2011) & Grocery Challenge

Our Valentine's Day meal last week was fantastic! The Beef Bourguignon I made was soooooooo good. I will definitely share the recipe on here sometime. It made such a large amount that I think we ate it for 4 days! No one complained! In fact, my husband was disappointed the one day because he didn't get to eat more of the leftovers.

Last week I cleaned out my freezers and discovered we have been blessed with a LOT of food! It really bothers me when I waste food, so I am really going to try to keep up with a freezer inventory to reduce wasting food. I am going to try my own little grocery challenge for the next little while. The plan is to do my very best to only spend money on fresh items such as dairy and fresh produce and really limit canned and dry goods purchased. I am going to try to get creative by using up what I already have in my pantry and freezer. I'm really looking forward to (hopefully) cutting down our grocery bills for the next while! Plus, I think it's kind of fun to try to use only what you have on hand. It helps a person get a bit creative for meal planning. Anyone else want to join in?? :-)

These are the weeks where I'm thankful to have a casserole or two in the freezer so I don't have to spend much time in the kitchen. This week is going to be a very busy one. We have quite a few appointments this week, so I'm keeping it simple since we'll have to eat out a few times due to my appointments. No specific meals on specific days this week since it's going to be so crazy. These are just a few ideas mostly from the freezer to hold us over on the days we're around for supper.

Cheesearoni Beef Casserole (from freezer) & Green Beans (this will give us leftovers)

Italian Soup (from freezer) & Cheese Toast

Waffles with Saskatoon Berry Sauce, Bacon, Eggs

Tortellini (from freezer) in Creamy Tomato Sauce


*For more meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...