Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Couch to 5K Update

Last week I only got the first 2 workouts done for Week 6 of the Couch to 5K Running Program since we went on a short family holiday to visit my sister. I wasn't sure if I should march right through to Week 7 or repeat Week 6, so yesterday I decided to just start running and "see how it goes." I felt really good after 10 minutes of running, so I decided to try for the first workout of Week 7, which is running 2 1/2 miles in 25 minutes with no walking. I was able to do it yesterday, so I guess that means I will do Week 7 this week (3 workouts of running 2 1/2 miles in 25 minutes with no walking). I am truly amazed at the body's ability to gain endurance through training. When I first started on the treadmill just over 2 months ago, I literally could barely run for 2 minutes straight without being completely winded.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...