Sunday, February 14, 2010

Homemade Pizza Pockets

About a week ago I decided to try making some homemade pizza pockets. I have always liked the idea of pizza pops, but I absolutely hate the store kind. (I feel queasy just thinking about them). But these homemade ones are sooo good and are handy to have since you just pop them from the freezer into the oven. I got the recipe here.

The dough is super simple to make (only flour, salt, butter, yogurt), which I love! I used a mix of whole wheat and white flour. I made 3 kinds - bbq chicken, spinach & feta, and pepperoni & mushroom ones (all with cheese, of course!). After I made them, I froze them on baking sheets for a few hours and then transferred them into bags and back into the freezer. Yesterday we had a chance to try them, and they were really good! I baked them from frozen on a cookie sheet at 400 F for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned.

Here's an example of a spinach & feta one before I made the pizza into a pocket.


Here's what they looked like when they were ready for the freezer

I am definitely going to made these again sometime!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...