Thursday, February 25, 2010

Monkey Fruit Free Smoothie

When I was pregnant with our daughter, one of the only things I could tolerate was cold, thick drinks like iced cappuccinos, strawberry milkshakes, and peach slushies. Maybe that’s when my love for cold, thick drinks first was kindled. I don’t know. But, for the past year or so, I have been on a mission to discover the perfect smoothie blend. My only stipulation – the perfect smoothie cannot contain any bananas. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am *ahem* "allergic" to “monkey fruit”, as I like to call them. Well, I am happy to inform you all that I think I have finally found the perfect smoothie combination, and best of all, it is monkey fruit free. Most of my failed attempts at the perfect smoothie blend have involved crushed ice, which just did not cut it. But I think I have now discovered the perfect smoothie, and it is seriously good. I call it....drum roll please...The Monkey Fruit Free Honey Yogurt Berry Smoothie. Don't you just love the long name. LOL. Since I first discovered it, I have been having one for lunch nearly every day for the past 2 weeks. I truly believe the key ingredients to be the honey and vanilla flavoured yogurt. So, here is the blend (with a bit of guestimation on the measurements).

Monkey Fruit Free Honey Yogurt Berry Smoothie (yes, a long name, I know!)
  • 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries)
  • 1/2 cup Tropicana orange juice (or 100% freshly squeezed)
  • 1/2 – 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
  • Honey, to taste (about 1-2 tsp)

Directions: Blend together and you will have, in my opinion, one of the healthiest, tastiest monkey fruit free smoothies around! If you want it to be “extra-healthy” you can add a bit of ground flax seed or whey powder.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...