Friday, February 5, 2010

Yesterday's Kitchen Extravaganza

Yesterday I spent most of the day in the kitchen, which is one of my most favourite places to be! In the morning I baked some whole wheat bread, then in the afternoon I baked a batch of banana chip muffins (for my hubby) and mixed up a batch of cottage cheese perogies ("Glums Wareneki" in German). I have been experimenting with different Wareneki recipes, and I was a bit disappointed with the one I tried yesterday. The dough was not that easy to work with, and the perogies tended to come apart when I boiled a few for lunch today. It may have been the cook's problem, not the recipe's problem, but I think I will try a different recipe next time. Here are a few pictures from yesterday.



Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (I'll have to ask my husband how they turned out because I won't be trying them any time soon. I have an *ahem* allergy to them - at least my taste buds do. Ha!

6 Loaves of Whole Wheat Bread (I did use a couple cups of white flour in these this time. Sometimes I make them with all whole wheat flour, sometimes I add a couple cups of white.)



Here are my not-so-purdy Wareneki. Not the healthiest things in the world, but probably one of the tastiest! (at least to me. My hubby won't touch 'em).


Today is Pizza night, so I am thinking about making up some homemade pizza pockets today since I have to get the pizza stuff out anyway. I've never made them before, so I will post about them sometime if I get the chance to make them.

Now...off to do my fourth workout for Week 4 of the couch to 5K plan!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...