Friday, February 12, 2010

A "Plumb-Good" Time


A couple weeks ago, I had to use the following "ingredients" in my kitchen...can you guess what for?? Here's a clue - They were used for something you definitely would not want to eat. A different kind of "plum(b)" you might say!



As I was washing my dishes I noticed something stuck in the drain. I thought it was a piece of macaroni at first. (Yes, I know it looks nothing like a piece of macaroni, but that's what I thought it was nonetheless) I decided that I must get this mysterious object out of the drain.

My first thought was to use skewers to fish it out.

Well, that didn't work.

Then I thought tweezers might do the trick.

Well, that didn't work.

Then I thought baking soda and vinegar might bubble it up (I still thought it was a piece of macaroni at this point)

Well that was just a plain silly idea and of course did not work.

I tried grabbing it and pulling it out with scissors.

Nope. That didn't work either.

At this point I was getting extremely frustrated with myself. I knew there just had to be a way to get that silly piece of something-or-other out of the drain. I tried with the skewers again and finally gave up. I left it for about an hour and went and did something else. Then, I came back to tackle the problem once more, and it was as if a lightbulb went off...

Krazy Glue! I'll use Krazy Glue!

So, I put a dab of krazy glue onto the tip of a pencil. I held the piece of something-or-other steady with the skewer and then stuck the pencil tip to the piece-of-something-or-other and pulled it out. I got it almost out when I realized that it was not going to fit through the side holes; it HAD to come through the center hole or it would not fit. So, I tried one more time...and...


Voila! Piece of something-or-other (I think it's an orange peeler, actually) is free! (and so is my drain!)



Just another not-so-ordinary day in the life of this homemaker.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...