Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Energy Zap

**Update**Well, it's 8 p.m. and I still haven't opened my book or sipped on my tea and the house is half-tidied up. LOL. But, thankfully I am feeling quite a bit better. I ended up having a half hour nap in the afternoon while the baby slept and after that I felt much better! I still didn't get everything done today that I would have liked to, but there's always tomorrow. And now, the baby is in bed (hopefully for the night), hubby will be home soon from work, and I hear a cup of tea calling my name...but I changed my mind since I first wrote this post...I'm having a chai latte instead of the honey lemon tea! yum!

I think I might just declare today a "sick day." I have no idea where my energy went today, but it just sort of disappeared. I feel tired today and am wondering if I might be coming down with something. This morning my lungs, head, and throat felt a little funny and I was a little stuffed up. I can just sense that my body is trying to fight off something. Know what I mean? I do have several things I would like to get done around the house today because it is looking a little disastrous. So, I think I'll just do what I can to tidy up, do a load or two of laundry, and then take the rest of the day to cuddle my baby, and sip lots of honey lemon tea while reading a good book. Speaking of books, I just sent The Pilgrim's Progress back to the library, and I have to admit that I did not get it finished. I still would really like to read the whole thing someday, but I only got about a quarter through it and I've had it for 2 months now, so I decided to give it a bit of a rest and read it some other time. I just started reading the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. I have never read any of her books before, but so far I am finding the first book quite interesting. It is set in the Roman Empire, shortly after Christ ascended to heaven. I'm only a few pages in, though, so I don't know much about it yet. Anyway, I think I'm going to go tidy up the house and then make myself that cup of tea. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...