We are currently in the process of trying to retrain our 6 month old daughter to sleep better through the night. I'm pretty sure we messed up somewhere along the line when she was younger and "trained" her to wake up constantly in the night and that is why we are having more difficulty with this now. But, we are now on a fairly consistent schedule, which seems to have helped a lot. The times may vary by about half an hour sometimes and we are still working out the kinks seeing as we have only been on this schedule for the past couple weeks, but generally this is her sleeping schedule.
Wake up around 8:15 a.m. for the day
Down for morning nap around 10:30 a.m. until about 11:45 or noonish
Down for afternoon nap at about 2:45 p.m. until around 4:00 p.m.
In bed for the night at about 8 p.m. (never later than 8:30 p.m.)
She doesn't sleep through the night yet (although she did a few times when she was younger), but last night she did sleep from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m. which is a vast improvement from a few weeks before where she was up 4-5 times a night (talk about exhausting!). Last night she was up 2 times and the night before that she was up only once. I am really aiming to get her sleeping through the night in the next few weeks.
Anyway, I have many things to catch up on today seeing how I didn't get my usual things done these past few days. Sometimes if my husband works a weekend, he is home for 2 days during the week, and then we tend to run lots of errands and spend time as a family so I don't get my usual tasks done for the week. Sometime I plan on sharing the cleaning and laundry schedule I follow.
Here's my to-do list for today (which is a lot different than my usual Thursday to-do list since my schedule got thrown off a bit this week). Usually Thursday is my kitchen day where I bake bread, cookies, squares, etc. and my only cleaning tasks are dusting and wiping dressers and coffee tables, but today I'm catching up on a lot of housework instead. Not sure if I'll accomplish it all, but I'm going to give it a try!
- Clean the bathtub/shower (usually Tuesday's job, but didn't get done)
- Thoroughly vacuum entire house (Wednesday's job, but didn't get done due to my energy zap yesterday)
- Mop all floors (Also Wednesday's job, but didn't get done!)
- Write out and mail a few cards
- Daily Bible reading
- Clean car seat and base (only once every month or two)
- Tidy up the kitchen (a multi-daily one) and bleach sinks (about once a month)
- Tidy up all bedrooms (daily)
- Dust (Thursday's job)
- Wipe coffee tables (Thursday's job and as needed)
- Wipe dressers (Thursday's job)
- Make a few phone calls regarding family activity this week
- Treadmill for at least 30 minutes
- Make up some baby food (cooked carrots, apples) to freeze in ice cube trays
- Make white chocolate cranberry bars (new recipe)