Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (March 15)

Last week's new recipe, Chile Lime Chicken Tostadas was pretty good. I actually didn't find any tostadas, so I made homemade corn tortillas instead, which worked out just fine. Next time I make the chicken I will probably add more lime juice and chile powder for a bit more flavour. I used 3 large chicken breasts, which fed us for 2 meals plus leftovers that I put in the freezer to use in chicken quesadillas sometime. I also made White Chocolate Cranberry (Craisin) Squares. They were alright, but not my favourite. I probably won't make them again. I'm not a "raisin person" to begin with, so it's probably no surprise that these just didn't quite do it for me.I'm more of a caramel-y, chocolate-y, super-high-in-calories-dessert type of person.LOL. These are not overly sweet, so I'm sure there are those out there who would enjoy them. I ate one or two and then put the rest in the freezer to bring out when company comes over.

Here's the plan for this week:

Sunday, March 14
Going out to eat and visiting family

Monday, March 15
Family coming over and bringing steaks to bbq (first time using the bbq this spring!), some type of potato and veggie

Tuesday, March 16
BLT sandwiches, tomato macaroni soup

Wednesday, March 17
Homemade baked chicken fingers with plum sauce, spinach salad

Thursday, March 18
Roast beef, mashed potatoes, mixed or roasted veggies

Friday, March 19
Leftovers

Saturday, March 20
Baked salmon with spinach over herbed rice (new recipes-will share if they turn out), salad



*For more great meal ideas visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...