Monday, November 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (November 8, 2010)

Last week's menu plan kind totally went out the window. For some reason, we ended up eating not-so-healthy things like mac n cheese, frozen pizza, and pancakes instead of my planned meals. With all the craziness that has been going on around here lately, it's bound to happen I guess. Along with our daughter's health issues (her bone marrow test is now scheduled for November 16), I have been feeling pretty crummy myself lately. An infected cut on my hand (now healed, thankfully), strange lumps on my calf (I now have at least 4 of them), joint and all-over general pain, bouts of weakness, etc. etc. have left me feeling not very motivated to cook lately. I have no idea what is up with my health, but I booked another appointment with my doctor in a couple weeks to get those lumps checked out again and discuss my overall health. A few weeks ago there were only 1 or 2 that I could tell and as of yesterday I can count 4 separate ones. Freaking me out? Yeah, just a little. I have been considering completely re-vamping our eating (think - no refined sugars, no white flour, organic fruits and veggies, etc.), but I can't seem to find the energy or time right now to do such things. So, for now, here's the plan for the week.

Sunday, November 7
Chinese take-out courtesy of my in-laws

Monday, November 8
Lunch: Leftover Chinese
Supper: Black Bean Soup (new) & Buttermilk Cornbread

Tuesday, November 9
Leftover soup and cornbread
Prep turkey (cook overnight) and all the fixin's

Wednesday, November 10
Turkey, Dressing, Potatoes, Carrots, Gravy

Thursday, November 11
Leftovers

Friday, November 12
Homemade Pizza, Caesar Salad

Saturday, November 13
Leftover Pizza

*For more great meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...