Wednesday, July 28, 2010

After Organizing the Chaos

Remember THIS huge mess? Well, after spending the last week in the basement, that huge mess has turned into this. Ahh...I feel like I can breathe again when I go down there!






The sewing/spare room.



Then I went a little label crazy. I like this so much better than before, though. Now there is a place for everything. I went really label crazy and even labeled some of the dresser drawers in the spare room (where I keep some craft things, manuals, videos, etc.), but my husband wisely suggested that that wasn't the best idea.

And while I was in the mood for labeling, I figured I'd organize a few cupboards and label containers, too.

I also organized and, of course, labeled the space above our coat closet.

I am trying to get to the point where there is "a place for everything and everything in its place." I am slowly, slowly getting there. My next plan is to try implementing an index card system where every single box has a corresponding index card that lists all the contents of each box. That will be a very big project. But for now, I have plenty of other things to catch up on, namely, gardening and yard work. Oh...and experimenting with canning. And...experimenting with sewing. And..practicing the piano...and attempting to keep a journal again. And...reading some of those books I've been meaning to read. And...training to run 10K. Well...you get the idea. Too many things I want to do and too little time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...