Monday, July 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (July 5)



Last week's menu plan went smoothly, and I followed it pretty closely with only the days getting switched around a bit. I didn't get to making the Sweet and Sour Meatballs, though. Last week's recipe highlight definitely goes to the Crunchy BBQ Chicken Wraps, using the leftover roasted chicken. These were SO good! I am not much of a sandwich fan, but I'm pretty sure I could eat one of these every day for lunch - they are that good! I really wished I would have taken a picture of them because they even looked delicious with the colourful coleslaw. I tweaked the recipe very slightly. Instead of wraps or sandwiches, we had these in my homemade pita pockets. I used a prepackaged bag of carrot slaw for the veggies and left out the red pepper. For the bbq sauce, I used Diana sauce, which is slightly sweet. My husband and I even joked about me opening my restaurant and serving these as the signature sandwich. The sweetness of the bbq sauce really complemented the spiciness of the coleslaw. We had Caesar salad on the side. I will definitely be making these again. My husband has a few days off this week after working a very long stretch, so I have a fairly simple and flexible menu planned this week.

Sunday, July 4
Lunch: ate out
Supper: Leftover taco salad using taco meat from freezer

Monday, July 5
Spinach Lasagna (new), Caesar Salad

Tuesday, July 6
Leftover Lasagna

Wednesday, July 7
Lemon Chicken Wild Rice Soup (new), Cheese BiscuitsBold
Thursday, July 8
Leftovers

Friday, July 9
Hot dogs or more leftovers

Saturday, July 10
Simple Supper or go out to eat


*For more great meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...