Saturday, April 17, 2010

Homemade Pita Chips


I had such a fun time yesterday experimenting with homemade pita bread. I had never made it before, but I was extremely pleased with how well it turned out. Most of the bread I made into pita chips, but I used one flatbread for a mini pizza for my supper. I also saved one to use as a pita sandwich. The pita chips were AWESOME! My husband absolutely loved them with the hummus! He also had never had hummus before, and he loved it, too! He didn't know it was made from chickpeas. hehe. He couldn't believe it when I told him what was in it. It was a definite winner for us. I am for sure making these again. They make a great appetizer or snack.

First, make this homemade pita bread (or you can use store-bought pitas.)

Homemade Baked Pita Chips

3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Montreal Chicken seasoning or your favourite spice mix

Whisk together oil and seasoning. Brush oil onto each pita. Cut each pita into 8-12 wedges. Place wedges onto a baking sheet, and bake at 400 F for 4-5 minutes. Watch closely. Flip half way through if desired, but it really isn't necessary. Serve them with hummus, guacamole, or whatever you like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...