Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sewing 101

I have tried knitting...and failed.
I have tried crocheting...and failed.
I have tried scrapbooking...and failed.

Now I'm going to try my hand at sewing with the hopes of discontinuing my negative pattern of failing miserably at the art of "hand crafts"

My mom gave me her old sewing machine to use and I have been waiting for her to come over and give me a few lessons. Back in the day I did sew a pencil case, pajama pants, and a shirt in home ec., but since then I have forgotten many things. Yesterday my mom came over, we set up the sewing machine, and she took me shopping for a sewing kit (my early Mother's Day gift :-) ). It was very exciting, and I could hardly wait to get started on sewing some curtains for our bedroom. Then when we got home the crazy machine would only sew backwards! Kind of disappointing. So now I am planning on getting myself a new sewing machine. I'm not sure what kind to get, but I'll probably just get a pretty basic one to start with. I have a couple patterns for really cute dresses that I can't wait to try out on my daughter. Not sure when I'll get around to buying one, but I hope it will be soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...