Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sewing Project

We just returned from a great weekend visiting some friends of ours. While our daughter played with their 2 youngest girls, I had a chance to learn more about sewing from a friend and fellow sister in Christ. I brought my sewing machine along, so that I could learn more about it and put it to good use. My friend was kind enough (and patient enough!) to offer to teach me some sewing basics, and we did a simple project together. Other than the little instruction I received in grade 8, I know next to nothing about sewing. We had a great time visiting and sewing away for a few hours. We made a cute little apron bag-holder thingy (I don't know what else to call it!) to hold plastic bags. It has "prettied up" my pantry quite nicely! Thanks, dear friend, for teaching me several things about sewing. I had a great time!

The finished project before I stuffed it full of bags.

Here it is in action.

I have a cute little dress pattern that I'm hoping to tackle next time. Thankfully, both my mom and my mother-in-law know how to sew, too, so maybe I'll get their help with my next project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenna, I Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...