Thursday, July 15, 2010

Golden Garlic Bread

I just tried this recipe (out of a church cookbook) last night to go with our Fettuccine Alfredo. This garlic/cheese bread was AWESOME! I highly, highly recommend this recipe. It's very easy to make and the cheese mixture can be made ahead of time, too. I made half of this recipe, which did 4 pieces of the bread, and I still had lots leftover.

Golden Garlic Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1 Loaf of French bread (I used sour dough), cut in 3/4 inch slices

Beat together butter and mayonnaise. Stir in seasoning, garlic, cheeses, and onion. Spread on bread slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly. Cheese mixture keeps well in the fridge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...