Saturday, June 12, 2010

Barbecue Meatballs

Here's the recipe I use for Barbecue Meatballs. They don't look very pretty, but they sure do taste good! (I wish there was another name for these other than "meatballs." A ball of meat just does not sound appetizing to me! Sometimes after I brown the meatballs, once they are cooked through, I will let them cool and then freeze half. Then, when I want meatballs for supper but don't want to go through the work of making the meatballs, I just take them out of the freezer, mix up the sauce, pour it over them, and bake.

Barbecue Meatballs

Meatballs
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 cup finely chopped onions (or a tsp of onion powder)
  • 1 cup bread crumbs (optional)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
Directions: Mix above ingredients together. Form golf ball sized meatballs and brown in frying pan until cooked through. Transfer meatballs into a greased casserole dish.

Sauce
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup Diana sauce or Bull's Eye Original bbq sauce
  • 2 tsp vinegar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp mustard
  • 2 Tbsp water
Directions: Mix ingredients for sauce together in a bowl. Pour sauce over meatballs. Bake at 350 F for about an hour. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...