Monday, June 21, 2010

Fabulous Father's Day Weekend


I had an awesome Father's Day weekend! Finally on Saturday the sun was shining, which was a welcome change for everyone around here, I think. It has been raining like crazy this month, and only about an hour or two away from where I live, people's homes are completely ruined from flooding. Many had to be evacuated and have lost everything from the flooding. I cannot imagine how devastating that would be for them.

But on a positive note, we do have some sun finally and we took advantage of the beautiful weather this weekend. Saturday was an awesome day spent together as a family. First, we got to sleep in on Saturday morning. Our baby, who doesn't sleep much and has just started sleeping through the night, decided she would give her Mommy and Daddy a break and instead of crying when she woke up, she just played quietly in her crib until 10 a.m.!!. Then, we got up, and my husband cut our grass (which has been growing like crazy with all this rain) while I tidied up the house and took care of the baby.

After lunch, we went for a walk around our neighbourhood to do some garage-saling. I have a love/hate relationship with garage sales. Sometimes I hate them, sometimes I love them. Well, yesterday I loved them!! At one garage sale, I got about 200 dollars worth of BRAND NEW stuff for only 10 dollars! I got some brand new videos about reading and writing teaching techniques and ideas that could be useful in homeschooling (they were free), a bunch of baby clothes (most with their tags still on), and some brand new kitchen stuff still in its packages with tags on that will make good wedding shower gifts. After a successful garage sale tour, we headed to the park. We picked up some burgers and ice cream and went to the park for a picnic. Then, our baby played in her stroller, while my husband and I played tennis, which was SO much fun! After that, we came home, relaxed, and then watched some Anne of Green Gables before we hit the hay.

On Father's Day, we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then went to church in the morning. Then we came home and had lunch with my parents, who provided the food. In the afternoon, we headed out to my in-law's farm for a barbecue, ate some fabulous steak, and spent the evening with them. When we got home, my husband and I watched a bit more Anne of Green Gables and then went to bed.

What a great weekend we had! I just love my husband and baby so much! I am convinced God knew exactly what He was doing when He matched me and my husband for each other. What a blessing it is to be heirs together of the grace of life. My husband is my best friend, and there is no one else I would rather spend time with than him. We get along extremely well and I love him more than I can ever tell. Our daughter is very blessed to have him as her Daddy.

(And no, I do not know why blogger is underlining this post! )




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...