Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (January 10, 2010)

Well, I survived my first week of gluten-free eating. I actually felt worse the first few days of gluten-free, but I hear that can happen sometimes. I was awfully nauseous, but maybe it was unrelated. I find the things I'm missing the most are....baked goods...cinnamon rolls, cookies, etc. I don't even eat much of that kind of stuff, so it must just be the idea that I can't have them (unless I make them gluten-free, but I really don't feel like experimenting with that right now.). When there aren't any leftovers, I've been having things like omelets and Greek salads for lunch.

Here's the plan for this week:

Sunday, January 9
Lunch: Rice pasta with meat sauce (from freezer), carrot sticks
Supper: Leftover pizza for my husband, cheese and rice crackers & gluten-free munchies for me (really healthy, I know)

Monday, January 10
Lunch: Chili from the freezer, grilled cheese & orange slices for Bittles,
Supper: I'm on my own for supper, so I'll probably just have a smoothie, omelet, veggies & dip

Tuesday, January 11
Pan-seared salmon with Thai rice noodles, sweet potato fries


Wednesday, January 12
Crockpot Santa Fe chicken, brown rice, steamed carrots

Thursday, January 13
Leftovers

Friday, January 14
Potato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches (for hubby and daughter), veggies & dip

Saturday, January 15
Turkey casserole (using leftover turkey from freezer. Making the casserole gluten-free by using a homemade cream of mushroom soup recipe - see below), steamed green beans

Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup - from Finding Joy in My Kitchen

1 T olive oil (or butter)
1 can (4oz) of mushrooms, drained (may use fresh as well)
1/2 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk
1 T cornstarch

In a saucepan, saute 1/2 C onions with mushrooms in 1 T oil or butter until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes). Add chicken broth and heat to boiling. Mix 1/2 c milk with cornstarch until well mixed, and add to the boiling mixture, stirring frequently until thick (about 1 minute). Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
*


*For more great meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...