Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (January 17, 2011)

Last week my pan-seared salmon went horribly wrong. I ended up burning it to a crisp and yet it was still raw in the middle. I think I must have had my pan too hot, but whatever I did, I ended up making homemade cream of tomato soup instead. We're going to be eating lots of leftovers this week, but thankfully my husband doesn't mind. I'm trying to simplify our menu a bit so that I hopefully will have more time to focus on things like "sitting still training" with our little one who is definitely a toddler and not a baby anymore :-). She is really testing us these days, and I've realized that I haven't been taking enough time to teach and train her.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Sunday, January 16
Tacos with Homemade Corn Tortillas (the corn tortillas were a colossal failure - so we ended up having taco salad instead. I kept the dough and am hoping to salvage it somehow, but we'll see)

Monday, January 17
Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken (new recipe), brown rice, green beans

Tuesday, January 18
Leftovers

Wednesday, January 19
Beef in Pomegranate Sauce (modified a bit from this recipe), mashed potatoes, tossed salad

Thursday, January 20
Leftovers

Friday, January 21
Lemon Turkey Rice Soup

Saturday January 22
Leftover soup

*For more great meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*

1 comment:

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Stopping by from MPM. That Santa Fe Chicken looks delicious and I'm on the hunt for new crockpot recipes. Perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...