Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (January 24, 2010)

I have to say last week's crockpot beef in pomegranate sauce was AMAZING! It was super easy to make, and the flavour was seriously so good. I tried to follow the recipe pretty closely. The things I changed were using pom-cranberry juice, omitting the raisins, using diced instead of crushed tomatoes (what I had on hand) and substituting dried herbs I had on hand for the French herb mix. It was a huge hit with me and my husband. I served it with mashed potatoes and veggies. It makes a lot of sauce, but it's good drizzled on the potatoes.

Well, I'm off of gluten free eating for now. I did 3 full weeks of it and then called it quits. We had company and I baked a pie I had in the freezer, and I just couldn't resist :-). I can't say I noticed a big change for the better when I was gluten-free. In fact, I personally think I had more of a stomach ache when I was gluten-free (maybe because I was eating more dairy? I don't know). However, I do think that the rash on the back of my arms significantly improved during the time I was gluten-free. So, my plan is to now go back on gluten and then see what happens. I will probably do that for awhile and then perhaps try another month of gluten-free. I'm kind of experimenting with it all. This is a busy, busy week for us. I have 3 doctor's appointments in 3 days, so needless to say, it's going to be a simple week of meals.


Sunday, January 23
Lunch: Went out to eat
Supper: Leftovers from the weekend

Monday, January 24
Lunch: Homemade tomato soup, grilled cheese
Tacos (using leftover taco meat in the freezer)

Tuesday, January 25
Going out to eat due to the timing of my appointment

Wednesday, January 26
Homemade chicken fingers (or if I'm too tired from all my dr. appts, then we'll have cheesearoni beef casserole from freezer), veggies & dip

Thursday, January 27
Leftovers or something simple

Friday, January 28
Homemade pizza & Caesar salad

Saturday, January 29
Leftover pizza

* For more meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...